Thursday, August 6, 2009

Weekly Reflection... Percentages... Injured Randomness...

So with weigh-in upon me... this day has been an energetic ride uphill... hard. I've been reflecting since I woke up from my late nap (6 p.m.) My food tracking has been kinda shady and sporadic the last couple days. And I got on the scale and saw a number I didn't appreciate despite seeing a number I appreciated yesterday. Now, because I know it's not always good to weigh yourself everyday, and ESPECIALLY not different times everyday, I wasn't trippin too much on the numbers/difference but it DID make me wonder about how truly committed to this I am. With a sore knee pickin at me since Tuesday, I've wondered about everything about it from it being a simple sprain that will fade with time to an injury that will be with me for the rest of my life. I immediately (in my world) was angry with myself because well, our knees suffer from the pressure of our body weight more than any other joint. And here I am 30 lbs heavier than I should be. Of course my poor knee is gonna whine. *sigh* Then I thought about my poor tracking.. knowing how important it is to journal food... how could I let this fall by the wayside? I want to be in MAINTENANCE MODE by the winter... how in the heck can I get there if I am not committed EVERYDAY?

So I started thinking, what percentage am I giving?

Anyone can log a thousand fitness minutes a week but if that person is still eating trash... the results will be less than stellar.

Likewise, if one is eating clean without any activity, you'll see the difference but muscle tone and strength and overall health are lessened...

These two are interchangeable... and once I really realize that, perhaps that is when I will really start to morph and see that. I have to learn to balance life, love and all that's in between for myself... to get to 100% committed. Nothing less than that will do. With that said, I've decided to start sharing my food trackers. Not that anyone will really read them, but knowing that someone might... perhaps that'll keep me accountable.

Blah... It seems I'm in a mood.

Blame the "injury"... reflections eternal.

4 comments:

Abi said...

Great blog hun. Don't get too down about the knee, it'll get better. But reflections like this are usually a good thing, so that's a positive from your "injury". Keep your chin up!

P.S.--I'm going to look at your food log now ;)

Amanda said...

Oh Sanni-You are amazing! Reflections throughout this journey are important. Injuries are frustrating. I have beat myself up in the past for being overweight and doing continued damage to my already busted knee. Your body thanks you for all of the hard work you are doing :) I have no doubt that you are committed to reaching your goals. I share my food tracker for that reason-accountablity. Even when I feel like...accidently forgeting to input a binge...I feel a million times better when my log reflects the truth of my eating. It is like a weight is lifted off of me when I am honest with myself and any of the random sparkies looking at it. Great blog...great reflections...you rock!

Jen said...

Sanni, I love this post. And I'm with you. I'm really good at tracking, but my eating is horrible. I do track what I eat, but it's not good stuff. That's why I've been gaining all summer long instead of losing.

You're so right about balance. Not only eating right but exercising right. To obtain optimum results, you must do both! Congrats on the progress you've made thus far. I appreciate your insights and I, for one, will be checking out your food journal. :)

Bonita said...

I can't remember the exact numbers, but I read somewhere that for every pound of weight you lose, you lose approximately 4-6 lbs. of pressure on your knees...and they will appreciate your efforts in years to come, so keep on doing your thing!