Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Falling In Love With Doing it Raw

So, who knew you could make a shake without cow's milk or ice cream? I know I didn't. I am sipping on my cinnamon banana shake and it's simply heavenly... made with my new favorite of almond milk (that I also made *snickers with glee*) and it's thick and creamy like a "real" milkshake. Of course I put in more cinnamon than the recipe called for because I love cinnamon. The child passed out when he arrived from Grandmas (LOVE that woman, he's always ready to go straight to bed from her house lol)... so he didn't get a chance to taste this. Maybe tomorrow. I know he'll enjoy it, he loves cinnamon even more than Mommy.

I am enjoying eating more raw foods.... and I feel great. The goal is to eventually be 50/50.I'm doing Fat Burning Cardio again with Shaun T's ass tonight... I think I am gonna shell out about $75 more dollars for Zumba. I didn't get to Turbo Jam in the a.m. as planned, nor yoga, nor sea saltwater flush because with the harsh storms last night all I could do was sleep, sleep, sleep!!

Up Next, Creamy Carrot Ginger Bisque.

5 comments:

Glennisha Morgan said...

My favorite is raw carrot juice!

Cassina Z. said...

Yes lawd, fresh carrot juice is the truth. So sweet! Don't drink too much though, it WILL turn ya orange! :-|

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say I love your blog and writing style.

I wish you the best of luck going 50/50! Almond milk is sooo good!

Fitness Goddess said...

What's the recipe for the cinnamon banana shake?

Cassina Z. said...

2 cups almond milk
3 cups frozen/sliced bananas
Pinch of seasalt
2 tbsp Blue Agave nectar
1 tbsp Vanilla extract
1 tbsp cinnamon
Blended till creamy...

I will cut the ingredients in half next time (except for the cinnamon, of course) cause it was a LOT of shake. I filled one of my pint glasses to the brim and still had about 12 oz over. Not sure how it stores. I used all organic product.